We have all heard about the benefits of quercetin and superfoods that can charge our body with strength and energy. But also with its many beneficial properties. If you also want to get this shock dose of benefits for your body, then the answer for you is quercetin. It is found in blueberries as well as in the love of all of us dark chocolate, green tea and many other foods. It is actually an antioxidant compound that has many proven benefits of cysterine – antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor.
Healthy Benefits of quercetin
And so in fact, quercetin is a type of flavonoid, found not only in these foods. But also in general in many plants – such as asparagus, leafy vegetables, capers, citrus, but also in cocoa, black tea and red wine. It is a type of “plant pigment” and is therefore found mainly in colored fruits and vegetables. No less important is the role of quercetin in the fight against aging, because it contains such important antioxidants for our body.
To all these benefits we can add the following: 1. Helps reduce inflammation, as quercetin is rich in flavonoids, also called bioflavonoids. Also this compound has very good anti-inflammatory properties thus not only reducing the severity of inflammation. But also protecting the site from further damage;
2. Minimizes the risk of tumors, and a recent study found that quercetin in combination with other useful antioxidants. Significantly helps to stop the processes associated with so-called cell proliferation and mutation in already diagnosed cancer. This compound also reduces the unpleasant effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy in cancer patients;
3. Quercetin has a positive effect on skin health, while suppressing the secretion of histamine and pro-inflammatory markers. In this way not only the anti-inflammatory effect of the skin is achieved, but it is also protected from possible allergic reactions.
All the benefits of quercetin
4. It has a positive effect on the work of the heart, namely quercetin reduces oxidative stress. But also inflammation. This compound helps to minimize the accumulation of plaque in the arteries, but also regulates blood and LDL . Because of all this, quercetin is especially useful for people who are predisposed or already suffering from cardiovascular disease;
5. It has a very good effect on the pain syndrome, for example, this is especially true for inflammatory pain in arthritis. Also helps to minimize the unpleasant symptoms of infections of the respiratory tract and prostate;
6. Significantly improves endurance and energy, because in fact this compound quercetin is a polyphenolic antioxidant. So in turn, has a positive effect on our physical strength and performance. This is due to the fact that it helps to improve the health of your blood vessels. There are actually the transport of oxygen and nutrients in our body;
7. We must not forget to mention that quercetin has a positive effect on our immune system, thus increasing the body’s resistance to various diseases;
Research on quercetin
8. Successfully helps in the fight against allergies, as it acts as an antihistamine, thus significantly reducing the effect of various seasonal and food allergies, including asthma and various skin reactions;
9. Protects our body from various neurological disorders, and today there is even evidence that quercetin has quite strong neuroprotective properties of collagen. In this way it protects our brain from severe stress and inflammation. This in turn, helps minimize the risk of various diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Today it has been found that with a normal diet, people can get about 40-50 mg of quercetin per day, but if you eat very healthy then this figure can even reach 500 mg per day. However if you want to alleviate your condition with a specific health problem then you should take this compound in the form. A dietary supplement namely up to 1000 mg per day. And to get more quercetin, try our recipe for homemade dark chocolate or choose one of our favorite blueberry desserts.